Red Mountain Group, an established and innovative leader in the retail redevelopment industry since with a current portfolio of more than 4.6 million square feet of retail real estate, is searching for a full-time Construction Manager to join the Corporate Office located in Santa Ana, California.
This key position will provide leadership and coordination of assigned construction projects from initial budgeting to finish.
• Establishes and manages the estimates and expenditure commitments of assigned projects and monitors costs to ensure compliance with the approved budget.
• Meets with ownership to identify needs and conceptualize their vision.
• Maintains project schedules for multiple projects in conjunction with superintendents or General Contractors.
• Identifies appropriate contractors,subcontractors, solicit estimates and maintain good working relationships.
• Coordinates the flow of submittals, RFP, RFQ and project changes.
• Performs reviews of electrical, mechanical, structural, landscape, architecture and interior design drawings at each step of the design process to ensure all are properly coordinated.
• Review working drawings
• Administer change order procedures and contractor progress payments
• Participates in negotiation of contracts with all General and Sub-Contractors and/or Prime Sub-Contractors.
• Negotiates, communicates and manages contractor change orders.
• Monitors the progress of each project and perform regular inspections to ensure that the project plan (including budget, schedule and quality) are being maintained.
• Direct activities of architects and/or engineers
• Identifies inefficiencies in processes and make adjustments to improve upon such
• Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, audity, safety and environmental issues
• Lead job site meetings, produce minutes and strive for an informed and collaborative team environment
• Inform internal and external team and ownership of construction status
• Ability to use MS Project, ProCore or other construction support tracking programs.
• Strong project management skills with emphasis on scheduling, budgeting and prioritizing
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Knowledge of real estate law, regulations and building codes
* Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) Construction Management, Architect, Civil Engineering or Equivalent work Experience. 5-12 years experience working in commercial real estate construction. At
least 4+ years with an emphasis in retail shopping center construction or re-development.